Calphalon is certainly a well-known brand when it comes to cookware. It is an upper range cookware and in this Simply Calphalon Nonstick 10 Piece Set review, we will try to see if the price is worth paying compared to other similar sets in the market.
The items that come with this Calphalon package (model no. SA10H) include the following:
- 1-quart covered saucepan
- 2-quart covered saucepan
- 3-quart covered saute pan
- 6-quart covered stockpot
- 8-inch omelet pan
- 10-inch omelet pan
The set has a hard-anodized aluminum construction for better conductivity and even heating. The interior has a double-coated nonstick coating. It can be used on electric, halogen, gas and ceramic cooktops.
The pieces are oven-safe up to 400°F but they are not dishwasher-safe. The lids are made of tempered glass and those for the pots would fit the two omelet pans. The contoured silicone and stainless steel handles are double riveted to the body of the pieces and have a hole towards the end for hanging.
The Simply Calphalon Nonstick cookware is also available in 8-piece and 14-piece sets apart from the 10-piece shown above. For their stainless steel product line, you can also check out the Calphalon Tri-Ply.
Should You Buy The Simply Calphalon Nonstick Cookware Set?
- Food doesn’t stick – The nonstick coating works well and food doesn’t stick onto the surface. It is easy to clean with just some dishwashing liquid and a sponge.
- Insulated handles – The handles stay cool to the touch while cooking. They get too hot to touch only when the pots are put in the oven or you have left them simmering on the stovetop for quite some time.
- Right weight – The weight of this set is around 20 pounds, which should be what most people would be comfortable with. Too light and the pieces would feel flimsy while too heavy will make them difficult to manage when cooking and washing up.
- Coating doesn’t last – Various complaints about the nonstick coating peeling off within a year or two have been prevalent among buyers. No metal utensils should be used and high heat should be avoided to lengthen the durability of the pans.
- Not dishwasher-safe – The pieces should not be put into the dishwasher. But washing by hand is easy to do with the nonstick surface.
- Price – It is expensive for a 10-piece set compared to other similar hard anodized cookware by Cuisinart and Emeril.
You can check out this video below:
With the common complaints about its durability, it is questionable whether the Simply Calphalon Nonstick cookware is worth a buy. The shipping weight of the Simply Calphalon set is slightly heavier but in terms of customer ratings, there is not much difference among the three sets.
If you are willing to go for something even cheaper, the T Fal Ultimate is another option that is worth looking into. Given that durability is an issue, it makes no sense to spend too much on a cookware set only to have to replace it within 2 to 3 years. Even a cheaper set could last just as long and as such, why pay more?
Other Cookware You Might Like:
- Set includes 1- and 2-quart saucepans, 8-quart stockpot, 8- and 10-inch skillets, and 10-1/3-quart saute pan
- Professional heavy-gauge hard-anodized aluminum construction distributes heat quickly and evenly
- Riveted 18/10 stainless-steel handles with silicone Comfort Grip inserts provide easy, slip-free grasp
- See-through tempered glass lids with stainless-steel rims allow for watching foods cook
- Oven safe to 400 degrees F; limited lifetime warranty; nonstick interiors and exteriors clean up easily
- Dual-layer nonstick for easy food release, and quick cleanup
- Convenient measuring marks, pour spouts & straining lids
- Durable hard-anodized aluminum construction. 8-inch. Fry Pan. 10-inch. Fry Pan. 1.5-qt. Sauce Pan with Cover. 2.5-qt. Sauce Pan with Cover. 3-qt. Saute Pan with Cover. 6-qt. Stock Pot with Cover
- Cast stay-cool stainless steel long handles
- Oven safe up to 450ºF
- Non-stick interior for easy cooking and easy cleanup
- Hard anodized exterior for long-lasting durability
- Even heat base delivers even heat distribution for reliable cooking results
- Aluminum construction that is oven safe to 350 F
- Limited lifetime warranty